Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
What is the best purchase agreement form to use for home
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
Hi everyone, what is the best purchase agreement form to use for home seller?A few months ago, i've used California residential Purchase agreement and it offers me absolute no protection at all. Buyer… read more
You I signed a three month lease agreement and had to back
Barrister, Lawyer
You I signed a three month lease agreement and had to back out due to our home falling out of escrow and not selling. Is the landlord entitled to keep the deposit ($3000). I'm is California.… read more
The landlord for house I'm renting in South Carolina hasn't
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
The landlord for house I'm renting in South Carolina hasn't paid the bank for several months now and is putting the house up for short sale with the bank. They have a for sale sign in my front yard an… read more
review any purchase agreement between me and Seller
Richard, Owner
review any purchase agreement between me and Seller PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT This PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT (the “Contract”) is entered into by and between Ambiance Homes, LLC and CTS, LLC with a… read more
I am selling my house and want to delay close of escrow for
socrateaser, real estate lawyer
I am selling my house and want to delay close of escrow for 18 days due to the loan on the house I'm buying being delayed. My buyer is more than happy to rent back my house to me for 18 days if I agre… read more
Do I have to disclose that I have a real estate lien on the
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
Do I have to disclose that I have a real estate lien on the house when I write (and sign) the listing contract with the real estate agent? 2nd question - Can I put in the listing contract that I have … read more
Is there any time that a seller in a real estate transaction
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Private practice attorney
Is there any time that a seller in a real estate transaction actually has the right to keep the security deposit? If it falls out of escrow and the deal is no longer on, can the seller legally keep th… read more
My father died September 30, 2012. I am the named successor
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My father died September 30, 2012. I am the named successor trustee of his family trust, which includes a single-family home located in Oak View, CA 93022 (Ventura County). I listed the home with a lo… read more
We have been living in a rental home in Southern California
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
We have been living in a rental home in Southern California for 14 years. Our landlord called us the 2nd week of Sept to inform us that the house had been sold and that we had to be out by Oct 28th. T… read more
Per the advice here, I had refused to sign the Tenant Estoppel
Loren, real estate lawyer
Per the advice here, I had refused to sign the Tenant Estoppel with the real estate agency when the condo was in escrow. The escrow closed yesterday and the new landlord is saying that by not signing … read more
Hi, is anyone there I have a strange problem with a short
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Hi, is anyone there? I have a strange problem with a short sale and the security deposit being automatically transferred to the new owner. Only problem is, that the old landlord did not have the money… read more
Hi. I rented out a condo in Florida US through a RE broker.
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
Hi. I rented out a condo in Florida US through a RE broker. Lease agreement dated Oct 1. Up to now, my broker didn't transfer me the funds due (tenant's security deposit plus 1st and last months' rent… read more
Is a tenant in a dispute with a landlord and in the (pre-court
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
Is a tenant in a dispute with a landlord and in the (pre-court date) eviction process required to allow workmen in to do repairs on the house while it is in escrow to be sold?… read more
I live in Chicago, Illinois and I am renting a house; the owners
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I live in Chicago, Illinois and I am renting a house; the owners live in Massachusetts. The owners e-mailed and also mailed me a letter dated May 30, 2010, which I did not receive until June 5th, mont… read more
I am the listing real estate agent on a short sale. There were
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I am the listing real estate agent on a short sale. There were tenants in the property and we are now in escrow. Tenants did not pay last months rent and are now out of the house. Home is not in good … read more
What can one do to get their deposit back for the purchase
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
What can one do to get their deposit back for the purchase of a home? My parents decided 3 weeks before going to closing that did not want to purchase the home.… read more
Im looking to buy a house. The seller states that I
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
I''m looking to buy a house. The seller states that I must use a certain real estate agent (someone they know). I don''t think this is lawful. Where is it written that I can choose my own representati… read more
What are my rights as a tenant if the house I am leasing ...
Kara K.
Kara K., Real Estate Attorney
What are my rights as a tenant if the house I am leasing sells? I am going to lease a home for 6 months that is on the market in CA--I do not want to have to move out during those 6 months. Can the ne… read more