Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I bought a home in co. 23 years ago and there is a sewer…

Customer Question
I bought a home...

I bought a home in phillips co. 23 years ago and there is a sewer line that being used for 45 years on another person's property, now he mad at me and wants me to find another way for sewer, can he get away with that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/1/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

No, he cannot do that. The easement for sewer must be respected. Otherwise, you need to file lawsuit against him to enforce the easement. The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local real estate litigation Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law