Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My daughter is paying for an old house that is my name. I…

Customer Question
My daughter is paying...

My daughter is paying for an old house that is my name. I want to have that in her and children's name. Can I put stipulations on the deed. cause her boyfriend wants his name cause he in making repairs. But, at the beggining he said it was for her and the kids.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No she has made the morgage an offer an they excepted. Still under my name

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was on bankrupycy and gave up house but, she talk withe mortgage. Thats it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You could leave the house to your daughter and children as joint tenants with rights of survivorship......which would mean each of them would own an equal interest in the property.........and whoever lives the longest ends up with the property

The other option would be to establish a trust and place any conditions you want on the land.