Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST PLEASE? WELL I HAVE A TENANT WHO IS…

Customer Question
HOW MUCH DOES THIS...

HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST PLEASE?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

THANK YOU. WELL I HAVE A TENANT WHO IS NEVER "HOME" TO ANSWER THE DOOR OR FOR ANYTHING, SHE HAS NOT PICKED UP HER CERTIFIED MAIL I SENT,,, SHE THINKS SHES FINE TAKING UP SPACE IN MY RENTAL HOME BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEASE. SHE CAUSED ME TO HAVE A MASSIVE WATER BILL TO PAY,,, AND THE WATER COMPANY SAID THIS NUST BE TURNED OFF AFTR 6500 GALS OF WATER WHENT THROUGH THE METER,,AND I CANT SUPPLY HER WITH WATER BECAUSE I CANNOT PAY SUCH A BILL RIGHT NOW,,SO IASK HER TO KEEP HER RENT (650) AND MOVE OUT , SHE KEPT HER RENT BUT DID NOT MOVE OUT,,,SHE HAS A 17 YR OLD SON, DO I HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO GET HER OUT?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

THIS IS N BELMONT COUNTY, OHIO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NOT YET,,JUST A CERTIFIED LETTR SENT WHICH SHE HAS REFUSED TO SIGN FOR.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

YES, I CAN GET A N EVICTION NOTICE BUT DO I HAVE THR RIGHT TO GET HER OUT OF THERE> WHY PAY FOR THAT LEGAL STUFF IS SHE WONT MOVE?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can evict on notice and court action based on non payment. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I'm somewhat more perplexed than when I first began here. your answers are vague and void of clear decisions as to what I should do about this person living in my house,,, my rights.. what I cannot do..and so forth,,, I do keep copies of all this but I wanted to know my legal rights and you didn't ask me anything to arrive at this... I'm sorry . I don't feel I got 45.00 worth of valid information and I'm truly disappointed.
This person is considered a tenant. Has to receive notice to vacate and then petition to evict. Often court date will lead to an agreement with a vacate date. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
more money ... just to keep me asking questions...no thanks. I'm through here.
far nothing has been paid so not following that comment. You have only remitted a deposit. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. I want you to be satisfied.
it states on my site that my card was charged 45.00. today, as I agreed to, and that's why I said that. if you like I will go find that statement and copy and paste it to you. anyway,,, I wan you to get paid for your efforts, ever how little it helps,,,so that's me being honest here. ill do as I need to , in this endeavor.
Since the Expert has responded, your remaining balance of $40
has been charged to your card ending in 2403
see I sent it. and now you know.
Thanks for updating me on that. Is there anything else I can clarify about my reply or is it acceptable for now?