Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a land contract and im listed as the grantee, what…

Customer Question
I have a land...

I have a land contract and im listed as the grantee, what does that mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Dayton, ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Me and the seller signed and notarized the land contract that is the only paper work the has been signed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

The grantee is the person that is receiving the property. It is the buyer of property or the recipient of the property if it is a gift.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.