Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a new landlord (mobile home park owner NY) they slid…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new landlord (mobile home park owner NY) they slid a lease under my door on Sept 28th, expecting the lease (signed) and Octobers rent by October 1st. One of the NEW rules is "LARGE VEHICLES: Vehicles including, but not limited to, campers,boats,commercial vehicles/equipment,trailers,tractors, and vehicles larger than pickup trucks are not allowed in our community." I have lived in this park for 30 years and have a 26 foot tow behind camper for 10 years parked here. I feel by signing this lease they will use my camper as an excuse to evict me from my home. I will be sending my payment but am hesitant about signing the lease.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

How should I proceed? New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paperwork as far as park being sold, or me signing the lease?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so, thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

what can I answer about the lease for you?

can they restrict me from owning my 26 foot trailer in my driveway after I sign my lease?

They cannot do so where have agreed to it by practice and historically. I would add an amendment to a rider if it expressly does not allow it to avoid a contract issue.