Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How does a 1031 exchange effect existing mortgages...does…

Customer Question
How does a 1031...

How does a 1031 exchange effect existing mortgages...does one have to include an existing mortgage in the sale and gain adding to the overall debt ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

N.c.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No and it is in good title

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The debts are factored in but the mortgages are not affected as they continued to be serviced by the property owner subject to the terms of the mortgage. also, bank may need to be notified per the terms of the mortgage and consent to the 1031.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”