Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

When agent leaves broker, what happens to their customer…

Customer Question
When agent leaves broker...

When agent leaves broker, what happens to their customer lead database?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Lake Panasoffkee, Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do agents keep all customers who contacted them while with broker?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

It depends on the arrangement between agent and broker. Normally the arrangement is the customer stay with broker by contract. If they didnt so agree, often customers follow the agent. In all events, courts respect in most instances a customer's right to choose who to work with.

If I can clarify anything, please ask me.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable by responding "yes"

awaiting your reply, thank you.