Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Had the hurricane flood our rental property! In st Simon.

Customer Question
Had the hurricane flood...

Had the hurricane flood our rental property! In st Simon. However the worst was going in and finding that the rental company hired a restoration company that discarded all of our belongings that where and where not damage to water. What are my right never was notified this was going to happen. Most of our belongings where good after the flood, now not. I need direction!

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

St simons ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. I contacted the rental company and they sent me today the paperwork that the restoration company gave them after the work i.e. Invoice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you the tenant? Or the property owner?

Tina, Lawyer