Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have to write a promissory note for repayment of gift for…

Customer Question
Have to write a...

Have to write a promissory note for repayment of gift for down payment of my house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maine having it notarized

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I'm just making sure home buyer pays back my parents it's in my loan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No im just looking to put together a document for repayment of my gift I have my loan just trying to make it official and I have to write it tonight

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

You can't legally do that as it would be mortgage fraud... The whole point of a "gift" is that it is a gift... something given without expectation of repayment. If the recipient has to pay it back, it is a loan, not a gift..

.

Unless I am missing something here in your comments about what is going on?

Can we chat(###) ###-####need this by tomorrow
I want you to understand what's up I'm not good at texting if I can't explain than I've wasted 5$ and possibly 59 need to know no fraud here I work for the government and have a paralegal degree just old

I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..

I'm writing a note to the seller to pay my parents back it's not fraud I'm paying for it in my mortgage I've been renting to own for 5 years as an agreement terms and conditions I work for the government I'm looking to make sure my parents are paid in full looking for a temple to insure if you can't help I've wasted money let me know
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: New expert here. If you are still looking for help on your question, let me know.

Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Owner replied 10 months ago
Richard, Owner
Phone call session started