Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it league fro a direct family member to buy a house at…

Customer Question
Is it league fro...

Is it league fro a direct family member to buy a house at forcloser in ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My sister bought my house at forcolser.and led me to belive it would be a family property,only to renig and owns it free and clear.was that league.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If she was buying it at a public foreclosure sale, then it is legal for anyone to bid on and purchase it if they want to. Any member of the public can bid at the foreclosure sale, family and friends included, and if they are the high bidder, they then own the house.

.

So no, it isn't illegal for sister to buy your house at a foreclosure sale.

.

.

thanks

Thank you.

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question, even though the news wasn't great If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much