Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Diabled 2 time vietnam veteran fredericksburg va. being sued…

Customer Question
Diabled 2 time vietnam...

Diabled 2 time vietnam veteran fredericksburg va. being sued by real estate company for not buy a house with most repairs by inspector not being done until i get a closing date. and i backed out of the deal.I have P. T.S. D. and my realator did not have my best insterest in his decisions, including having me to pay $2000.00 on a roof that was needed for the house. This was my first time at 72 years of age trying to buy a house uunder the veterans benefits plan. when i asked for my $1000.00 faith money back, my realator informed that they would sue me for the $1000.00 and plus i would be sued if i do not buy the house. I am not good with a computer and am looking looking for a probono realator in fredericksburg va. can you give me one? thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

They said if i do not buy the house by 9 29 2017, they will take me to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was recommended to the realor by a 24 year lady army veteran that deals with P. T. s. D. and she told the realator that i could not keep up with the paper work so he and his wife were suposed to explain every thing to me be i signed papers. I told them that i put my faith in them so they just stuck papers in my face and said sign or use the first letters of my name. Idesire someone that deal with veterans in fredericksburg virginia

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficuties.

Well, you cannot be forced to buy a house that has outstanding repairs. You must be refunded your earnest money deposit if you backed out within the deadline for backing out of the transaction due to the inspection report.

Yes, you do need an Attorney to assist you under the circumstances to ensure that your rights are protected and that you are not taken advantage. You need to contact local legal aid services for assistance. Click here for contact information to some of the legal aid services in your area:

http://www.legalaidworks.org/get-help/

You may also consider filing complaint against your realtor for unethical conduct. Click here to file your complaint.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.