Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH CRC/HOA BOARDS. TAKEN AWAY MY

Customer Question
HAVE HAD A PROBLEM...

HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH CRC/HOA BOARDS. TAKEN AWAY MY MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES FOR THREE MONTHS. CAN THEY PUT A LEIN ON HOUSE IF I AM RENTING

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

YES

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I HAD EXCHANGE WITH EMPLOYEE OF GATED COMMUNITY. SHE WAS RUDE AND I CALLED HER ON IT. THEY HAVE SIDED WITH EMPLOYEE. NO PROFANITY, NO THREATS, ETC.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by

CAN THEY PUT A LEIN ON HOUSE IF I AM RENTING

So you are a tenant? And you want to know if they can take action against the owner if you are not following the rules?

Tina, Lawyer