Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in the state of az. My home owners association is…

Customer Question
I live in the...

I live in the state of az. My home owners association is attempting to forclose on my property, I was ill and got behind on bills. I am attempting to make a payment plan but cant get a response what should I do? I have 4 small kids 1 is special needs. I dont want to be homeless.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Its in Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

On their end yes not on my end

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/28/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation. Generally, there are a couple of things that you could do. One of them is that you may want to contact the head of the homeowners association. This means that you should look to see who the chairman of the board is and then go over to their home or try to call them on the phone personally. If that doesn't work, The state requires that foreclosures go through a judicial process. This means that you have a right to redeem your property. This means that if you become solvent on the past dues, then you would be able to redeem your property. Before that happens though, you may want to come up with some options to help satisfy any assessments that you have. This means that you should explain that you have some small children one of them being special needs in that a payment plan may help you get caught up on your past due payments. What other questions did you have for me today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer