Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I gave my tenant 30 day notice to quit. He has until

Customer Question
I gave my tenant...

I gave my tenant 30 day notice to quit. He has until 10-15-17 to get out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

He gave me a check for Octobers rent.He owes me other money. If I cash the check am i stuck with him ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/28/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Just to confirm, his tenancy is month to month?

Tina, Lawyer