Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm looking for information on what's required to evict a…

Customer Question
I'm looking for information...

I'm looking for information on what's required to evict a girlfriend that refuses to leave my home. I own the house and there is no lease, she has lived there almost a year and has contributed nothing to bills. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know? Is there any other information that would be helpful? I know she hasn't had mail coming and I'm sure she hasn't updated her DL.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

She is a month to month tenant.You have to give her 30 day notice to quit and then file eviction suit to get her out of the house here under Kentucky law.

Notice letter

http://evictionnotice.org/ky/kentucky-30-day-notice-to-quit-tenancy-at-will-termination-letter/

Forms

AOC-215Eviction Notice: Notice of Eviction Hearing Trail by the CourtCivil

AOC-216Forcible Detainer ComplaintCivil

AOC-218Forcible Detainer Settlement AgreementDistrict

AOC-220Eviction Notice: Warrant of PossessionCivil

AOC-237Status Quo OrderCivil

AOC-238/239Preliminary/Final Verified Disclosure StatementCivil

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Do I initially only give her the 30 day notice to quit? If she still refuses to leave follow up with the other forms?

Yes thats correct usually they will leave here.You can also tell them you have to put an eviction on their credit if you have to file one it will show up on theirs and make it hard for them to rent elsewhere.

Thanks and good luck here, if you can rate 5 stars at top of page always much appreciated.Have a good day.

Where it states the date of lease what goes there when there is no lease agreement?

NA/ tenant was guest. if you can fit it in here.