Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Both my parents passed away and left real estate to my

Customer Question
Both my parents passed...

Both my parents passed away and left real estate to my brother via a will. My brother never had the deed / property titled in his name. Now my brother passed away and we found out there's delinquent taxes on the house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wayne county michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brother also was in bankruptcy making payments before he passed away

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?