Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My lease does not state that I attend mandatory monthly

Customer Question
My lease does not...

My lease does not state that I attend mandatory monthly meetings. If I don't attend, there will be consequences.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

My sign lease which does not state the meetings.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thamk No thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience. If there is nothing in your lease that says that you have to attend a mandatory meetings, then you do not have to attend the meetings. This is a very short answer to your question, but you only have to do things to which you are bound to any agreement. If there was no other standing that you would have to do this, then you do not have to do this. What questions did you have for me regarding this?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer