Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Email me regarding a real estate illegally case at. Daly…

Customer Question
Please email me regarding...

Please email me regarding a real estate illegally case at***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Daly City, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paper file with San Mateo County Adult Protective Services

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

None - Phone #(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us and what is the situation please?

The time when my mother was sick in the hospital her daughter in-law approached her saying that she will payout the remaining reverse mortgage balance she did but she transferred the title in her name illegally without my mother knowledge

Thank you for your reply.

If she paid out the reverse mortgage and there was no written agreement, then while you could seek to change the title transfer, she would be entitled to refund of her money, as she would become lienholder on the property instead of the mortgage company. If she did this through fraud or misrepresentation, you would need to get a local attorney to challenge this transaction as being based on that misrepresentation to seek to have it voided, but remember that would mean she would likely be entitled to her money back as well.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.