Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our condo association bylaws indicate the association own…

Our condo association bylaws...

Our condo association bylaws indicate the association own the sliding glass doors. How do you go about get getting the association to replace doors that are leaking? With Irma, our condo suffered drywall damage from loose doors.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet. We were advised by association to replace ourselves.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Normally the association would be advised of the need by letter. if association refuses, a lawyer letter can follow followed by threat of legal action and citation to the pertinent bylaws with deadline for compliance. This normally leads to compliance and avoids need to sue.

Thank you.

very welcome. Kindly rate me positively.

Infolawyer, Lawyer