Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was in a chat room with a Direct TV Now representative for…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a chat room with a Direct TV Now representative for over 4 hours and she was unable to take $35 payment because, inadvertently, a stop order was placed against Drect TV Now and, although I never authorized a Stop Payment against Direct TV Now I was told the bank needed 2 business days to remove the Stop Payment. I was told by the Chat person, Ashley that I could not use my sister's credit card to pay $35 to have my TV again and then I asked if they could give me TV for 2 days and use my own debit card and I authorized them to take more than $35 if necessary but asked them to do it immediately. They wouldn't do it and put me in with a Supervisor who refused to take my sister's credit card to pay the $35 because i woudn't get local channels. I only wanted 2 speciic channels -- MSNBC and CNN (which are nation-wide) but because my sister lived in NY and I live in Florida they wouldn't accept her payment of the $35. I just don't understand this. I can't b e with TV for 2 more Business days -- I had NONE today. I asked a supervisor at Direct TV to please give me the 2 business days to ave the Stop Order removed and offered to pay more than $35 -- it didn't matter how much as long as I didn't have to do without TV for two business days. I was denied and they hung up. I would like to speak to another Chat Supervisor to continue trying to work out a beneficial solution all around. Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

I have an e-Machine

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I recall but it's possible since my son is often here. Unfortunately, I live in Florida and he's in Arizona on vacation. I just was approval for Direct TV to allow me two business days to remove a Stop Order my son may have placed so that Direct TV can withdraw $35 or more if necessary. I had no TV all day today and according to the Wells Fargo banker she wouldn't budge about expediting the process and not make me wait 2 business days to remove the Stop Order on the Direct TV account Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just if this is possible and when I can expect to pay future bills.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Why would you send a real estate lawyer to answer a banking question?
I would prefer having a banking lawyer answer my question
9/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your banking question today.

Before I get to your next course of action, when was your digital tv contract stopped ?

Have you contacted the bank that placed the stop order and did you have funds in your account ?

What reasons is the company giving for stopping your service ?

Where did you sign the digital tv contract ?

Attorney Bill

Tina, Lawyer