Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My neighbors oak tree is sick and unsafe. A large section of…

Customer Question
My neighbors oak tree...

My neighbors oak tree is sick and unsafe. A large section of the tree hangs over my house and I'm worried it may fall onto the house. Can I make the owner of the tree remove the unsafe portions of the tree to make it safe/

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Concord, Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The tree has been identified by a lic. arborist as being unsafe

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Have you sent the neighbor any written notice of the condition of the tree and requested that they remove it?

.

Do you have a written report from the arborist stating that the tree is dangerous?

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in and see if you still needed help?

.

.

Thanks much