Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a townhome community. My neighbors are being

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a townhome community. My neighbors are being harassed by a mentally ill adult who lives in a home owned by his guardians (parents). He yells disgusting things out his back patio and bangs on walls. The HOA has fined his guardians, the police have been called numerous times, but the obscenities continue. I live in Oregon. What can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

We are in Washington County, Oregon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes.....recordings and paper records kept by the neighbors and the management company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Do you know if the person has been declared legally incompetent by a judge and his parents are his court appointed guardians?

.

Do they live there with him or elsewhere?

.

Have the police filed any criminal charges against the person?

.

.

thanks