Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I close on a house on Sept 6 with an addendum to contract…

Customer Question
I close on a...

I close on a house on Sept 6 with an addendum to contract for the seller to make repair within 10 days of closing, per city of West Palm Beach permit .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida to relocate water heater per code and seller is responsible to pay for the repairs and all permit fee. I basically bought a house I cannot cook in or take a shower as I cannot turn the gas on til those repairs are compled what are my options ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

There is a notice from the town of West palm beach to get an inspection within 10 days

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am doing some renovation now and plan to move but I do not know if I will be able to as I cannot turn the gas on till repairs are completed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Has the seller begun the repairs or indicated why they have not complied as they promised in the repair addendum?