Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How is the sq-footage of living spaces in a mobile home

calculated? I read an article...
How is the sq-footage of living spaces in a mobile home calculated? I read an article from an appraiser which say it is pretty particular to get the right sqf related to the value of a MBH if it comes to a court trial. Others say the row measurements from the outside length by wide is good, others write about the 'heated room'.
So what's the deal? Thanks!
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The living space in the mobile home is measured from the interior walls, not the exterior measurements. So you need to measure from interior wall to interior wall lengthwise and then widthwise to get the square footage.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thanks - I appreciate your answer as ever! (If you are tired about all my questions let me know and I'll direct this to other attorneys). In general I work hard on my case and will fight for it. To find the right attorney is not easy and I hope not to pass any court due dates.
Regarding the sq footage: would this measurement supersede information in title, statements from the seller or the realtors if it comes to a court trial?

Thank you for your reply.

I never tire of repeat customers who are polite and a pleasure to deal with.

I know finding attorneys can be hard, but if you use http://www.superlawyers.com or http://www.hg.org you should be able to get one to help you.

Thank you for your reply.

If it is a significant difference, YES, but if the difference is only less than maybe 10% difference it may not make a huge difference.