Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

MY GRANDMOTHER PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK ,MY AUNT KEPT…

Customer Question
MY GRANDMOTHER PASSED AWAY...

MY GRANDMOTHER PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK ,MY AUNT KEPT THE PROPERTY NOW SHE WANTS TO GIVE IT TO ME WHAT CAN I DO TO BUILD A HOUSE LEGALLY

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas, medina county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What do i have to do to switch into my name

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

If you are looking to take property from someone, the easiest way to do it is to just get a quit claim deed over to you. You would basically have your aunt sign the deed over to you and you would get it filed in your local county recorder's or assessor’s office. This means that you would be responsible for may liens or taxes due on the property, but you would have the property in your name officially at that point. You can go to www.rocketlawyer.com to find a copy of a quit claim deed for relatively cheap. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.