Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased a home in Evansdale, Iowa mid December last

Customer Question
I purchased a home...

I purchased a home in Evansdale, Iowa mid December last year. Recently my neighbor told me that a portion of my driveway was on his property. I was not informed of this prior to purchase by either my realtor or the person I purchased the house from. The driveway way poured in 2000, my neighbor bought his home roughly a year before me, late 2015. I am looking at selling my house and moving back to Florida but need to resolve this issue.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Evansdale, Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did your neighbor talk about the possibility of an easement?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?