Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Property had delinquent back taxes. Quick claim deed given…

Customer Question
Property had delinquent back...

Property had delinquent back taxes. Quick claim deed given to me to acquire the land with paying all back taxes. I have been paying taxes since 1992. Family land, I have plat of intentions of family to give land to Aunt that gave land to me. However, it was not recorded. Recently tried to sell property, but was unable to get clear title.What do I need to do to get a good Title?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Willis, Texas; Montgomery County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paperwork filed to divide land between all siblings. There was a 38 acre tract and 46 acre tract. 38 acres recorded and sold. 46 acre tract divided in 9.01, several 7.01, and 12 acre tracts. Each sibling was recorded dividing each except the 9.01 tract. Not sure why. 9.01 recorded with 6 siblings and not divided. Land was surveyed, plat indicating 9,01 acres given to only 1 of the 6 siblings, but not recorded. I do not understand why because the plat indicates acres for each of the other siblings.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I would like to know what I need to do.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this ; so to be clear the quit claim deed was signed by all the owners (listed on the deed) but was never recorded? Does a third party now appear on the deed?