Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A enforcement inspector enter my unit. Irvine ca. I was

Customer Question
Hello a enforcement inspector...

Hello a enforcement inspector enter my unit

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Irvine ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I was installing crown molding and base board no permit require

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am guessing you mean an code ordinance enforcement officer? The answer is generally no. "In the absence of exigent circumstances, government officials engaged in the abatement of a public nuisance must have a warrant to enter any private property where such entry would invade a constitutional protected privacy interest." Conner v. City of Santa Ana (9th Cir. 1990) 897 F.2d 1487.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.