Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How can you stop a tax sale progression if you have not been…

Customer Question
How can you stop...

How can you stop a tax sale progression if you have not been notified?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Cerro gordo county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I don't know I knew the taxes may be behind. I had not received the latest tax payment notice so I checked on line it said the deed holder was not me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not received any notice at all.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/26/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by tax-sale progression. Are you just asking how to stop a tax sale? If so, then you can either pay what is owed, or you can file for bankruptcy. Either way the sale would be stopped. But if the sale has already been completed, which would be the case if the property was deeded to somebody else recently, then filing for bankruptcy would be of no help. However, you would still have 1 year and 9 months in which to redeem the property by paying the taxes. But if you do not pay the taxes within that one year and nine month period, Then the sale will be final.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.