Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have there been legal cases against a HOA based on

Customer Question
Have there been legal...

Have there been legal cases against a HOA based on discriminatory policies of its committees?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. I have had previous requests or permits for additions to my property denied by the Architectural Committee of my HOA while approving requests from others for similar permits.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/25/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

That depends on what you mean discriminatory policies. Please clarify. And do you believe it has anything to do with race, religion, creed, etc? If so, be specific. Or, not?