Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am trying to sell a property that has been in my family…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to sell a property that has been in my family for 66 years. I just found out that in 1906 a 40 foot strip was deeded to the county. thul

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Abilene Texas. we have a total of 74 acres but want to sell the house and 1acre

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We are trying to clise now but we dont know what to sbout the 49 strip. the deed wss filed before my father bought and his purchase a

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much will it cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Will there be a phone conversation. this situation is hard to describe

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/25/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are going to have to file a deed correction and amend the title paperwork before closing. This is typically something your title company would do, as it requires filing a deed amendment. If you are not using a title company, you are going to need to use one or hire a local attorney to amend the deed so you can transfer a clear deed to your buyer.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.