Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I want to walk way from my Time share. is that an option…

Customer Question
I want to walk...

I want to walk way from my Time share. is that an option without harming my credit?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

No, I cannot locate it any longer

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

If you mean to abandon the unit, NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all I have, but this data: Please see the data below and fill in where you can. Please see he questions in Bold??. We will push forward in some way.Current StatusPrincipal Owed: $16,708Monthly Payments: $437My Points: I do not recall, but think it is 5,000. May I ask if you possible have that on your call record with me??
Fees I owe: $1,420SellingValues:
Resale Average: $18,884
Resale High was : $19,500
Resale Low was: $12,660Costs:Closing Costs: $795
What other costs???
Commission???Payments:
Continue until sold, including fees.CancellationCosts: $3,000Credit Risk??Payments:
Immediately endAre my accrued annual Fees still owed??
Please see the data below and fill in where you can. Please see he questions in Bold??. We will push forward in some way.Current StatusPrincipal Owed: $16,708Monthly Payments: $437My Points: I do not recall, but think it is 5,000. May I ask if you possible have that on your call record with me??
Fees I owe: $1,420SellingValues:
Resale Average: $18,884
Resale High was : $19,500
What other costs???
Commission???Payments:

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/25/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

.

Not really as the timeshare is a continuing contract between you and the company and if you breach it, they can report the account as delinquent to the credit agencies and it will ding your credit each month. They can also file suit under a breach of contract claim and sue for any delinquent fees and likely court costs and attorney fees under the timeshare agreement..

.

With that said, there are a couple companies who have a money back guarantee that they can get rid of a timeshare... Sean Hannity recommends Lonestar Transfer and Dave Ramsey backs Timeshare Exit Team..

.

So you might want to contact those companies and see if they could legally get you out of the timeshare without having to default and ding your credit..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer