Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm being harassed by a person in apt complex. He is a

Customer Question
Hi. I'm being harassed by...
Hi. I'm being harassed by a person in apt complex. He is a cousin to my landlord. He may be part owner. He does not run building or collect rent. He has lunged at me. Threatened me. Used coarse profane language. Blocked my exits w garbage cans which could be a major problem if there were a fire. He has stated simple you bother me. You are a piece of shit. You have to move. Like major hate crime. He in unemployed. Always home. Scared of him
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/25/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This behavior is harassment and it is criminal in nature. It also has the earmarks of a hate crime. You could go to your building management. If they are unable or unwilling to get involved in your dispute, then you can report this as a crime to the police, let them know that you are fearful for your safety and the building has done nothing. Tell the police that you want this person charged and that you're in need of a restraining order so that he cannot threaten or harass you any further.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.