Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Real estate law I'm the seller i signed real estate contract…

Customer Question
Real estate law I'm...

Real estate law I'm the seller i signed real estate contract now i dont want to sell I initialed the contract instead of signing the sale price was illegible so the seller sent an amendment for me to sign I havnt signed closing is 28 september I do not want to sell what can I do buyer said he sold the house already that's why he wont let me out of contract i sold 50 thousand too low help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tucson az pima county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes i inisialed the real estate sales contract on September 17 that day I told them I didn't want to sell

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im in Texas the house is in az

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 12 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

You mentioned that you initialed it. Initially could be considered a signature. Did you initial it where you were supposed to sign it? Possibly, you could use initialing it instead of signing it as a defense against breach of contract but it is a weak defense. Did you sign over the deed already?

Hello: Let me clarify my initial response. If you did not sign the contract, then it possible would not be valid. If you initialed it where you would have signed it, then that could be considered a signature. Let me know if you want to further discuss the issues.

Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.