Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My neighbor has a building which extends six feet across my…

Customer Question
My neighbor has a...

My neighbor has a building which extends six feet across my property line. Can I get an order to have them move it off my property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

How long has the building been there? Was it there when you bought the property?

Did you get title insurance?