Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Second opinion] building permit pulled in 2010, hvac permit…

Customer Question
Second opinion] building permit...

Second opinion] building permit pulled in 2010, hvac permit pulled in 2015, does the a/c work go by the 2014 codes or the 2010 codes?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Osceo/

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/23/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question.

If you completed the work on your 2015 permit for HVAC, the codes that apply to HVAC in 2015 would apply to your work. So the 2014 codes still in effect in 2015 would be applied by the inspector because that was when your permit for HVAC was issued, it is not based on the main building permit.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.