Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I bought the land my mobile home sits on. Next month is my…

I bought the land...

I bought the land my mobile home sits on. Next month is my last payment and I need to have the deed transfered into my name. How do I do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Greenville, SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cosmt

9/23/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Congratulations!

Could you explain a little more?

Why is your name not on the deed already?

Is this an owner-financed situation?

Thank you for your cooperation.

The owner and I have a contract stating the land price of $10,000.00. We have paid $9,000. My husband and I are responsible for getting the deed and closing cost??
When we orgininally bought the mobile home with land included for $10,000 from a nephew. Half way through we found out that my nephew didn't owned the mobile home or land. Two different people owned it. Trailer title was obtained from rightful owner. We are purchasing the land from the rightful owner for $10,000. We have paid $9,000 with $1,000 left on the contract. I now have to obtain a deed from the owner to us.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

The owner NEEDS to prepare the Deed as the Grantor to you as the Grantee sign it in front of a Notary Public and give it to you so that you can record it at your Registry of Deeds/Land Records. You as the Buyer cannot obtain the Deed. The owner must give you this Deed which is exactly the same Deed that is on the property now--the only difference being the price, the names of the Grantors (Sellers) and the Grantees (Buyers). So, you need to tell the Seller to give you the Deed to the property.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I rate as a 10
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law