Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a seller that is paying the owner's title policy for…

Customer Question
I have a seller...

I have a seller that is paying the owner's title policy for a cash buyer. Can the seller choose the title company?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Boise, Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Just the contract to purchase, haven't closed on the transaction yet. Does the fact that the owner chose the title company break any respa laws?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Yes, it is customary for the seller to choose the title company. That is not to say the parties can not agree otherwise, but most contracts are written that the seller will provide the title insurance and that means they select.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!