Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Legal Eagle, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a promissory note for a house in Atlanta Georgia that
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
I have a promissory note for a house in Atlanta Georgia that is long overdue. I would like to foreclose on this house and get my money back. Do you have any contacts that may be able to assist me? … read more
Must a note on a private loan agreement made by a co-owner
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Juris Doctorate
Must a note on a private loan agreement made by a co-owner of a jointly owned property to be used toward that jointly owned property, and has acknowledged on it that the subject property can be liened… read more
I own 2 properties with my ex-wife. One is in Texas and 1
Ray, Lawyer
I own 2 properties with my ex-wife. One is in Texas and 1 is in Arizona. The note, for 144,000, is on the property in Texas which we are selling. I agreed to only have her pay half her debt, 72,000, a… read more
hello. A bit of background info: Im in WA state, which allows
Barrister, Lawyer
hello. A bit of background info: Im in WA state, which allows for either Judicial or Non-judicial foreclosures. I purchased my home in 2000, and it is my primary (and only) residence. The home was fin… read more
I have a signed deed of trust and a signed promissory note
Ray, Lawyer
I have a signed deed of trust and a signed promissory note paid in full from the people I Financed my property through. That they gave me after I paid it off.What forms do I need and how do I record i… read more
I gave my daughter in Seattle a loan to help with the down payment of her house and want t
Richard, Owner
I gave my daughter in Seattle a loan to help with the down payment of her house and want to now document the loan through lendingkarma.com. We'd like the interest to be tax deductible was a loan for h… read more
I need to ask a question pertaining to a federally funded program
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I need to ask a question pertaining to a federally funded program offered to those on unemployment who have a home and are having difficulty making the payments. The program is call "Keep your home Ca… read more
I have one secured promissory note and one unsecured promissory
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Doctoral Degree
I have one secured promissory note and one unsecured promissory note that I want to assign to my two children within this year. I would like to get a detailed answer as to how I can go about doing thi… read more
I would like to provide a mortgage loan to my son at todays
ScottyMacEsq, Doctoral Degree
I would like to provide a mortgage loan to my son at today's low 9 year Applicable Rate. This loan would replace his existing mortgage with the same balance of approximately $600k. I would like to kno… read more
I have a peculiar situation in Salt Lake County, Utah real
PAX Attorney
PAX Attorney, Attorney
I have a peculiar situation in Salt Lake County, Utah real estate. A homeowner signed a quit claim deed to quit claim his property to Bank of America on 9/1/2011. However, on 4/1/2012, BOA filed a not… read more
This is a foreclosure question for a lawyer who practices in
Ray, Lawyer
This is a foreclosure question for a lawyer who practices in Washington State. I have several properties in Washington State that I purchased for rentals. I had a first mortgage and a second mortgage … read more
My Parents have made a loan to me for $130,000 to help with
Richard, Owner
My Parents have made a loan to me for $130,000 to help with a house I just purchased (escrow closed 7-29-11). I originally had my wife quit claim off the deed as she could not be on the mortgage due t… read more
I BORROWED MONEY FROM MY GRANDMOTHERS TRUST AND USED MY CONDO
socrateaser, real estate lawyer
I BORROWED MONEY FROM MY GRANDMOTHER'S TRUST AND USED MY CONDO AS COLLATERAL. TO DO THAT I FILED A GRANT DEED AND LISTED THE AMOUNT BORROWED ON IT. THE COUNTY SENT HER A GRANT DEED FOR THE FULL VALUE … read more
I live in Washington state and bought a commercial property
PAX Attorney
PAX Attorney, Attorney
I live in Washington state and bought a commercial property in Oregon state in 2007. This was a seller financing deal where I put some money down and the seller carried a Promissory Note secured by a … read more
My father-in-laws estate is being sued by someone who holds
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My father-in-law's estate is being sued by someone who holds a deed of trust but does not have a promissory note. What can we do? Our understanding is that the loan that the deed was given for has bee… read more
Private-Lenders have conducted a Non-judicial foreclosure of
PAX Attorney
PAX Attorney, Attorney
Private-Lenders have conducted a Non-judicial foreclosure of "real property" (3 units on lot) that they granted (I have original Grant Deed) there is no power of sale in the real property in the City … read more
California - How do secure a private note if it is for a loan
Richard, Owner
California - How do secure a private note if it is for a loan on residential property? Is it a transfer or just an assignment of trust? I want to have it filed with the county so it protects my intere… read more
In the state of Washington, can a lender collect more from
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
In the state of Washington, can a lender collect more from the borrower than the foreclosed property in a judicial foreclosure? What about if a deed in lieu or short sale is pursued?… read more