Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In August I refinanced my home with Group One Mortgage Inc.

Customer Question
In August I refinanced...

In August I refinanced my home with Group One Mortgage Inc. They sold this mortgage to a company called Pacific Union Financial. Group One Mortgage told me that Pacific Union Financial would be holding on to the mortgage, however, I just recently found they sold my mortgage to a company called Mr. Cooper. What recourse do I have.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, my home is in Jupiter Florida. Group One is also in florida and is local here in Jupiter. Pacific financial is in texas as is Mr. Cooper. They also just sold the mortgage on 9/15/17 I received the noticed today 9/20/17 and the 1st payment since the closing is due 10/1/17

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I only received the notice of the mortgage transfer to Mr. Cooper 2 sheets of paper that is all

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything right now, except is what they did legal, shouldn't they have given me 30 days notice so in case I didn't want Mr. Cooper I would have time to change lenders

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
What outcome do you seek?
Can i find a new lender that i choose and should they have given me more notice than 15 days
Lender per loan terms can sell or assign loan and new lender must adhere to the same terms. Loan normally provides for notice of 10-20 days. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"