Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own two chassis that are parked in a security yard they…

Customer Question
I own two chassis...

I own two chassis that are parked in a security yard they will not let me have them unless I pay the bill willing to pay but need them to release them so that I can sell them

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

The approximate value is 13,000 dollars

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Not real estate they are chassis and they are located in Newark N.J.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No I want to pick them up but they have the items pinlocked and I can not pick them up until I pay the bill each day it gets higher

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I have the text message and voice messages left on my phone

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 12 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If willing to pay they should be released. Period. I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
The longer I wait the larger the bill gets and I can't sell them I need to get them sold in order to pay the bill
I have already paid the $40 dollars so in order to speak to you I need to pay the additional $59
you need the release first. That can be negotiated by counsel and arrange for an alternate security interest. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
what do I do now

You or a consumer lawyer speak to them and explain that you need to be able to sell the property in order to pay off the balance and they can have a security interest to protect themselves.