Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a 15 year old daughter...only child ...but I recently…

Customer Question
I have a 15...

I have a 15 year old daughter...only child ...but I recently got married to an uncertain man...feeling worried about preserving my inheritance to my daughter, I would like to know if or when I can add or transfer the deed to her while I'm still alive...you never know, of course. we live in pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No...I recently been thinking about this issue more as my marriage is rocky and my husband does not own any real estate...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, since you asked, I was wondering,..if I should divorce my husband at some point, would he be entitled to my house ...it was passed down to me when my mother was alive 20 years ago...we have been married for almost 4 years

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. The home in question...if I understand, you inherited that home. Can you tell me, is there a mortgage on the home...or have you made substantial improvements to the home during your marriage?