RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Do I have to invole the real estate aget to renew

Do I have to invole the real estate aget to renew residential lease, t
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida the tenant and I, landlord, are communicating directly
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I have the initial Lease. I am going to Lease Renewal agreement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if I will have to pay the real estate agent his percentage for the rental, even though he is not involved in the process of lease renewal

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What did the listing agreement / contract you signed with them say about this, if anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't find the listing agreement.
What is the about it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the law? Do i have to involve the agent in my negotiations with the tenant?

Thank you for the reply. There is nothing which would require you to involve the tenant, if you want to renew the lease. You can present it to the tenant and agree to the terms and conditions and have them enter into and sign for a new lease term. The only issue would be if the realtor who found them was entitled to another commission, based upon the renewal and that would really depend on the contract which you signed with them. Often times, it would not but I have seen situations which the realtor would be entitled to another commission but often at a reduced fee. If you are unsure, you can still proceed and renew the lease with your tenant and if the realtor finds out and contacts you, address it at that time.