Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a tenant of 32 years in the same apartment complex. I…

Customer Question
I am a tenant of...
I am a tenant of 32 years in the same apartment complex. I am 76 years old and handicapped. This past year I paid my rent without fail and all fees but I paid the 10th
Of the month and not the first as stipulated in the lease. I paid on the 10th because that was my pay date each month. Yes I paid costly fees but never had a return paymentNow I am told thatbmynlease may not be renewed after 32 years for reason of
Late paymentsIs this legal. What shoul I do***** *****vingston
[email protected] Com
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
When will I get an answer
9/21/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I really hate to hear this, but if your lease is coming up for renewal, then it would require both parties to agree to do so. If the landlord doesn't agree to renew, then they could terminate the tenancy and force you to move elsewhere.

.

A fixed term lease only guarantees that the tenant has the right to live there for that specific term, not indefinitely.

.

So your recourse would be that you need to find out definitely whether they are renewing or not and if not, you would need to start your search for a new dwelling..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

No. Please I should not be charged the additional 64 fee this is a rip off. Please issu credit adapter or my real attorney will be charging you.