Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a question, Can a lein of a lawsuit be claim if they…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question, Can a lein of a lawsuit be claim if they property is on a special needs trust?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No I did a special needs trust a while back but got into a car accident and the claimant's attorney is seeking more than the car policy I am just worried if they can go and take a lein on the property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just this basic question, I am worried on the property

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

A special needs trust and its assets are protected from liens, claims and lawsuits. It is one reason assets are placed in such a trust. Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable by replying "yes"

Great! Kindly rate me five stars.