Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have no rental agreement how fast can I be evicted,

Customer Question
I have no rental...

I have no rental agreement how fast can I be evicted

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just a text saying I have 30 days because the building was not permited when it was built for the electrical and they have to take out the sheetrock to inspect wiring so they can get a CO for the building

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that are original lease has expired

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Arbitrator replied 8 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator
Good afternoon. Just for clarification, you had a year lease that expired, correct?
Lease expired 2.5 yrs ago there is nothing on paper at the moment
I do not have service on my cell call me at(###) ###-####
I can't do a telephone call but I'm can type the answer
A little background. A month-to-month lease is a rental agreement for a one month period that is renewed automatically each month until properly terminated by either party. When a landlord and a tenant have not executed a written lease and rental payments were made monthly, a month-to-month lease is implied by law.A month-to-month tenancy was created when the lease expired and you stayed in the property and the. Landlord accepted rent. When an expired written lease was not renewed and you remained you became a “holdover,” with the landlord’s consent.That said, your landlord may legally end your month to month tenancy without a reason or cause, and then he must give you a seven-day notice to quit. This notice must inform you that the tenancy will expire in seven days and you must move out of the rental unit by that time. see Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-40-107(1)(c)).The Notice to Vacate must be written and received by you at least ten days before the last day of the rental month. (See C.R.S. § 13-40-107).The Colorado Notice to Vacate must be written and mailed to you. The Form must contain the date on which the Notice to Vacate is given, and the time frame in which the rental property should become vacant. Specific details must be clearly stated on the notice, so the other party has reasonable awareness about their responsibilities. Here are some of the basic details that should be included in a Colorado Notice to Vacate:Your name and other persons who need to vacate the property;
Address of rental property in Colorado;
Reason for lease termination;
Number of days until the property is vacant;
Signature of person giving Notice to Vacate; and
Date that Notice to Vacate is given.So the landlord can give you notice but it must be mailed 10 days before the end of this month, today, and it must give you seven days to leave.
If you can't leave by that time, the landlord will file a complaint and summons and ask the court for a writ of restitution.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator