Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My husband and I purchased a home and I ran a bond for deed…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I purchased a home and I ran a bond for deed since the first day of moving in we have had no AC the AC has not been able to work we've had a technician look at it and he said that the AC unit was fixed just to work temporarily and keep the house cool for a little while the pipes are have been taped and the coils or covered nothing was disclosed about AC unit issues. Is there a recourse that we can take?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Filed with a lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We haven't filed anything with anybody I have been told by several people that I really need to get a lawyer because we have been in the house 2 months and the real estate agent refuses to talk to me and get with me about the

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Helloand welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try mybest to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Youmay also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offeredby JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, yourrequest will post to other experts that do offer this service. When anotherattorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Did you have a home inspection prior to purchasing the property?

.

Was there any set inspection period in the purchase contract?

.

Was there any type of property disclosure that mentioned that the AC had problems?

.

.

thanks