Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have delinquient, I have been served a delinquent property…

Customer Question
I have delinquient Lawyer's...

I have delinquient

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

I have been served a delinquent property tax suit on rental properties. I had sold the property but they still are charging me the taxes on these properties. I am concerned that this tax liability could be affixed upon my homestead. My question concerns whether my private residence is liable for the taxes they are saying is due upon these other properties can be transferred to my homestead? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, as stated does my tax liability stop at the property on which the taxes are supposedly due or is my private residence liable for the taxes due on these other rental properties?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my-best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Were the property taxes not paid when the properties were sold and transferred to the new owner?

.

How long ago was the sale?

.

Was the deed recorded from you as the seller to the new buyer?

.

.

thanks