Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The neighbor a few houses away has been warned by the city…

Customer Question
The neighbor a few...

The neighbor a few houses away has been warned by the city to stop spraying chemicals. My real estate agent said due to the 7 complaints about this law breaker, if I want to sell my house I have to disclose a "chemical issue." I feel I am too far away (three houses, about 120 feet) from him to have to do that. Can you please find out what the distance is from the chemical issue where we don't have to disclose to the buyer? Thank you for your time, JR

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Los Angeles, Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

There are several registered complaints (with numbers), and numerous calls.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

This would not be considered a "chemical issue" that needs to be disclosed. That refers to any type of chemical contamination or ground contamination that is actually on the property or on adjoining property. The fact that the neighbor is a nuisance and is spraying something that the city and neighbors don't like doesn't rise to the level of being something you have to disclose. You only have to disclose things that directly affect your property negatively.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a licensed Realtor for over 15 years....

.

,

thanks